Day 41: Self-deprecating E-joke of the Day

ME (in an e-mail to a friend): I really appreciated your commented about my Facebook picture. It seems like such a small thing, but I've always been so self-conscious about my appearance. Frankly, next to [Ex] I always felt like the ugly duckling. The compliment means a lot, especially coming from a good-looking gent like you.

MY FRIEND (in his response): You are a beautiful creature, [Steve]. There's a light and goodness in you, something you perhaps don't always recognize.

ME (in my head): It's not my internal light and goodness I'm worried about. It's my face and my (lack of) pecs and visible abdominal wall.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's the easy stuff to change, if you want to. The inner stuff is what takes hard work to change xM

Steve said...

Ha! That's absolutely wise and true :)

Rollii said...

Surely you can't be THAT ugly. :\

Steve said...

Gee, I hope not! But there's nothing like a breakup and Match.com to make you question your looks and the marketability of your body-type. (I checked the "average" box for body type on Match.com. I wonder how many more "winks" I'd get if I checked the box for "athletic and toned.")

:) Steve

Post a Comment

ShareThis